Wednesday, March 2, 2011

catfish

I may be considered gullible, but I personally found the entire story to be somewhat real. I mean, if they were to make a movie on how meeting someone is different then talking to someone on the interent that is portraying an image, wouldn't they make it more exciting? For instance, meeting a pedophile instead of some cute guy; however,it may seem more real in fact being that it isn't that large of a situation, making it believable.

What did surprise me was how he was so attached to this random stranger that he never in fact met. If I were to actually be interested in someone, I would at least "creep" on their Facebook page, making sure that it was all legit. Back when I first got a Facebook, my brother set it up because it was by invite only. I liked how it was like that so it wouldn't be like MySpace where anyone can make any profile that they want and as many as they would like. That is one of the many reasons why people switched to using Facebook. Also, back when everyone used MySpace, everyone friended anyone. Whether they knew one another or not, all of my friends added people they have never seen before. Now days, people actually check out who added them to make sure its not some random creep.

Angela was awful sick to make up a story like she did and go to all the lengths to keep that cover. I cant help but to relate to her feeling though, the feeling of wanting to escape the actual world and people that are around her and see what its like talking to others from other places without them knowing what your life is ACTUALLY like. Most of us usually do have that feeling also, but don't make fake identities. I would never do anything nearly like what Angela did, but its kind of the feeling of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment